5 Best Digital Advertising Strategies to Grow Your Business
Digital advertising is not everyone’s cup of tea. There are so many channels and platforms that can be used to advertise one’s business that mastering them or perhaps even figuring out which one to start with becomes a tumultuous task for a lot of marketers. When it comes down to selecting the most effective digital marketing strategies, most marketers are bothered mainly by two factors which are cost-efficacy and results. Taking this into consideration, below are 5 best digital advertising strategiesthat can help marketers grow their businesses and help achieve desirable results.
- Web Design:Your website is the online representative of your business. You will have potential customers visiting you all day turning in for info on your product and service offerings. Your website will be the first impression your business makes on your target audience. You might have created online advertising campaigns on several digital platforms. They may be running actively round the clock. A weak web design can break their success whereas a strong one will make it. The web design has to be so strong and compelling that it attracts them to spend more time on the site and convert. You can hire digital advertising services, web design services being a part of them. That way, you can have a strong and compelling design on your site which will immediately catch the attention of your visitors and make them stop and observe the visual marvel in front of them.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization or SEO, is one of the finest marketing tools available these days. Investing in SEO helps improve one’s site rankings on Google for product/service related searches. SEO involves incorporating keywords related to products and services on the website and when these are searched for on Google, relevant pages show up in results. SEO is considered one of the most effective types of digital advertising, as simply on the basis of keywords one can open up to a huge audience. These can be identified through proper keyword research and subsequently incorporating them into the content body published on the website. Keeping the content original makes keyword inclusion more effective. The next obvious step after this would be to earn links from other authoritative sites online. The end result of all this would be improved website rankings, more traffic, better leads and greater conversions.
- PPC: Pay per Click advertising is another one among the finesttypes of digital advertising channels available these days. The online advertising model allows marketers to place their ads in search engine results for certain keywords. PPC allows advertisers to pay for placement of their target keywords. Google Ads is the best way to get started with PPC if you happen to be a novice, as it allows placement of ads on Google search results. PPC works on a bidding system. Advertisers/digital marketers get to select keywords and eventually compete with other advertisers to place ads in the search results based on those keywords. The highest bidder earns the right to place his ad above organic search results and each time someone clicks on the ad, the bid amount must be paid to the search engine. The best thing about PPC is that advertisers/marketers only pay when users click on the advertisement. What attracts digital advertisers most to PPC is that they can start expecting results immediately, as soon as their campaign gets launched. If used properly, PPC has the power to create sales and conversions immediately. It must be done with an experienced campaign manager. Hiring specialized digital advertising services which include PPC as one of its components is highly suggested.
- SMM: Social media marketing or SMM, is marketing on popular social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. The opportunities to reach out to target audiences and connect with them is huge. With the world’s entire population being on these sites, no business can even think of surviving by not advertising on these. The best about social media marketing is that they let you select the audience based on demographics such as age, gender and location besides based on advanced options such as behavior and interests. This lets advertisers and digital marketers reach out to users who are most likely to become part of your target audience and thus, maximize results with each campaign. The costs are generally low to advertise on social media, thus encouraging B2B marketers to create cost effective strategies and reach out to as many customers as possible.
- Content Marketing: Marketing with the help of compellingly written content can be a very effective digital advertising strategy. Readers when served informative and interesting content can always be expected to react promptly. This content can be in the form of blogs, videos, infographics and perhaps virtually any online format. Content marketing more often than not helps establish a company as an authority and build a strong online reputation. The only to succeed through content marketing while devising a successful digital advertising strategy is by keeping up with a regular publishing schedule. This can actually be a very time consuming commitment, but if stuck with, can yield unbelievably lasting results that will be there to experience and cherish for the longest time. Content marketing works even better when combined with visual elements that grab the user’s attention, teasing them to spend more time on the website. Another thing good about content marketing is that it supports other marketing and advertising efforts as well, such as social media, paid search and SEO.
Apart from these 5 digital advertising strategies, there is email marketing as well that can be added to this fray as the sixth one.Marketing via emails is one of the oldest and most effective forms of marketing and advertising, as it helps reach individual members of the target audience directly in their inboxes. Besides, email has always been one of the cheapest ways to communicate, with each dollar spent on sending an email having the potential to help make an ROI of $44.Personalized emails increase CTR by 14 percent. Using these digital advertising strategies can really be helpful in growing a business.
Shaun is the director of Virtual Employee Private Limited, a remote staffing & tech MNC, and is responsible for leading a team of more than 1200 experts from domains like IT, Content Creation, Digital Marketing, Designing. A law graduate from Brunel University, Shaun has been instrumental in creating a business model which is increasingly being seen by industry peers as a model for new organizations in the tech outsourcing domain.