Model-View-Presenter and Model-View-View Model both are most valuable assortment patterns in the software development. Let’s have look MVP and MVVM one by one. Then we discuss their comparisons.
A Model View Presenter (MVP) is a technique of development in which various new product and websites are developed with the features to satisfy early adopters. First of all, the feedback from the initial users of the product is considered and then is designed and developed by the complete set of features. It has some key characteristics which are given below:
- To retain early adopters, it demonstrates enough benefits for the future.
- To guide the development of the future, it provides a loop of the feedback.
- It has enough value so that people are able to use it and buy it.
In MVP, there are three components, which are model, presenter, and view. The model is responsible to manage the data. It is used to map that data which is received from the data source through the service to the domain objects. The second component of MVP is presenter which is used to contain the business logic. It is also responsible to get the data from the service and update the view based on the data received by it. The third component of MVP is the view, which is responsible to present the data to the user.
Now let’s talk about MVVM. MVVM refers to Model-view View Model which is a pattern of a design and is similar to MVC while implementing in iOS. MVVM is usually an implementation on the client-side. It provides the better decoupling of the UI and business logic. The result of this coupling is very thin, Flexible and it is easy to read. It also provides better encapsulation. MVVM is used to two-way bind the data with views for ASP .Net. It is a full application framework that is used widely for the creation of applications.
In MVVM also, there are three components which are model, view and view model. The model is used to manage the data. The role of the model in MVVM is the same as the role of the model in MVP. The second component of MVVM is the view which also works the same as that of MVP. Now, the third component of MVVM is the view model which is used to expose the data streams which are relevant to the view. It contains all the business logic and acts like a bridge present between the repository and view.
These both architectures are the most adopted architectures for the android application development service. But along with these two, MVC was famous for the past few years. There are various comparisons present between this two android architecture. Some of these comparisons based on their features are given below. Just go through these and understand the comparison from more depth:
- The architecture of MVC is simple to use. Because of this, most app developers used to favor MVC structure for developing the mobile applications. But nowadays, app developers prefer MVVM because the first priority in software development of the simplest process is no more.
- In the MVVM model, the View Model has a code class which is actually an application and a view which is the interface between the user and the app for the purpose of interaction. Whereas, if we talk about MVP then, the MVP has a view which is actually an app and a presenter which is used to handle the flow of the application.
- In case of MVVM, the process is initiated from the view, not from the view model and when we talk about MVP then in this, the process begins with the view, not with the presenter.
- In the view model, to add the new features is quite easy, whereas in MVP, adding of new features is difficult, which makes it complex to use.
- The architecture of the Model-View-View Model creates less code and Java classes as compared to the architecture of Model View Presenter.
- In the MVVM pattern, the view layer and the view model can be separated out that means the separation is possible between the user interface and the logical code whereas in MVP there is no view layer and view model present. So the separation is not possible in this architecture.
- The MVVM architecture use data binding to update the view whereas, the MVP architecture uses traditional methods to update the view and make it user friendly.
So that was our shot in comparison of MVP and MVVM architecture of the most popular android application development services. Hopefully, you loved the insights on the depth comparison of the Android architectures model i.e. MVP and MVVM.